Let experienced attorneys help you with your brokerage disputes. Over the last two decades, more and more people have entered the public stock and bond markets and benefitted from substantially increased returns. Like all customers, these new investors have relied on the integrity and loyalty of their brokers to help them make intelligent investment decisions. Unfortunately, not all brokers are worthy of this trust.
Investors accept the risks of everyday market fluctuation, but they do not accept the risk of fraud or broker misconduct. If you think your broker may have violated your trust, the brokerage dispute attorneys at Kahn & Associates have decades of experience helping customers just like you who have been victimized by the brokers they trusted. We can help you resolve your brokerage dispute in a timely and economical manner.
Arbitration of Brokerage Disputes
A standard clause in all brokerage agreements requires brokers to submit to independent mandatory arbitration of all customer disputes. For years, brokers have relied on these arbitration clauses to save themselves time and money by keeping claims out of court. Mandatory arbitration can give you those same benefits. Compared to litigation which can cost tens of thousands of dollars and take years to resolve, mandatory arbitration offers customers a relatively cheap and relatively quick resolution of their claims. Any claim you have against your broker can be arbitrated and recent changes in arbitration procedures have made the process even better for investors like you.
The Most Common Brokerage Disputes
- Churning occurs when a broker drives up investor commissions by excessive buying and selling.
- Unsuitability occurs when a broker sells investments that are unsuitable for an investor, e.g., selling an aggressive growth stock to investors who are intent on preservation of capital.
- Improper asset allocation is a close relative to unsuitability claims in that the broker has put you into a basket of investments that are inappropriate given your particular circumstances, e.g., tilted too heavily to growth investments rather than income assets.
- Misrepresentation occurs when a broker sells investments through important misrepresentations as to the nature and risks of the investment.
- Unauthorized trading occurs when your broker executes trades without your consent.
How Kahn & Associates Can Help You
If you pursue claims against a broker, you will need effective and experienced representation. The Chicago-based brokerage dispute attorneys at Kahn & Associates have decades of experience getting results for clients in arbitrations. Recent examples include substantial recoveries for clients who were victimized by brokers who:
- Charged unwarranted commissions by excessive trading or churning the clients’ brokerage accounts;
- Put them in unsuitable investments;
- Put them in illiquid investments;
- Sold them investments based on false and misleading information;
- Improperly charged pre-payment fees on brokerage arranged home loans.
We were able to help these clients obtain favorable results because the attorneys at Kahn & Associates prosecute its clients’ brokerage disputes aggressively and thoroughly, with exceptional skills. Our attorneys provide clients with a high degree of professionalism, experience and knowledge.
Do not allow an unscrupulous broker to take advantage of you. If you are involved in a brokerage dispute and think your rights may have been violated, call or email Kahn & Associates to discuss your situation.